Ten strategies to prevent cancer
Cancer is probably the disease that everyone in the world fears of getting. In fact, this life threatening disease affects more than 40 per cent of the population of the world.
If you want to save yourself from getting cancer then there are 10 steps which you can follow to prevent it.
- Cut down on the smoking. This is one of the highest risk factors of cancer. If you think this only stops lung cancer then you are wrong. It even prevents other types of cancers. In fact, even passive smoking can cause cancer.
- When you go through skin changes try and use sunscreen. If you want to prevent skin cancer then you need to try and prevent any exposure of UV rays to your skin. This also means that you have to stay away from the sun beds and you should wear protective clothing when you are outdoors.
- Fruits and vegetables are a must in your diet. Not only do they contain anti oxidants but they also help to repair the damaged cells of your body. In fact, studies show that blackberries, grapes and other dark colour fruits also have cancer preventing properties. Research also shows that cauliflower and broccoli also help to reduce the threat of cancer. Other vegetables which you can have are brussel sprouts, cabbage and bok choy.
- Limit your intake of red meat. Red meat isn't very good for your health and leads to obesity which causes high risk for cancer. The best thing to do would be to switch over to healthy protein stuff such as white meat.
- Alcohol increases your risk for cancer so if you are addicted to alcohol or if you have it in large amounts then it's time to stop.
- Exercise is the best medicine for everything and it's no lie that it even help to prevent cancer.
- You need to also know your family history. If you know that your family has a long line of cancer patients then you need to take steps to prevent it even more thoroughly.
- Cancer can be caused due to the exposure in your work environment as well. Hence you should know what exactly it is that you are being exposed to. This includes exposure to fumes, dust, explosives, gasoline and so on.
- Having safe sex is also a good way to prevent cancer. You can get cancer which is spread through un-safe sex.
- The best way to detect and prevent cancer would be to get screened for it on a regular basis.